This is the box office results for the weekend of May 12th-14th.
Welcome moviegoers to the box office results where we take a look at the weekend’s opening numbers for films in wide release (1,000 theatres or over) in the USA and to see and compare if our predictions were “right on the money” or if they were “too optimistic”.
|RIGHT ON THE MONEY||(0-5% range)|
|SO CLOSE||(6-20% range)|
|TOO OPTIMISTIC||(41% + range)|
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Warner Bros. latest release ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’ opened to a disappointing $14.7 million in third place for a film that has a large production budget behind it ($175 million).
- Daniel’s Prediction: $28 million (47.5%) TOO OPTIMISTIC
- Nic’s Prediction: $30 million (51%) TOO OPTIMISTIC
- Opening Weekend: $14.7 million
While it didn’t opened to the levels of ‘Trainwreck’ ($30 million) back in 2015, ‘Snatched’ did open higher than expected with $17.5 million, opening to a fitting time of Mother’s Day and finding the film at second place.
- Daniel’s Prediction: $15 million (14.2%) SO CLOSE
- Nic’s Prediction: $10 million (42.8%) TOO OPTIMISTIC
- Opening Weekend: $17.5 million
Source: Box Office Mojo