Thanks for all the Filmaholics who voted in this year’s annual Everything Film Awards – honoring the best in film for 2016.
This year there was a combined 49 votes cast over 16 categories.
Disney’s ‘Moana’ was this year’s big winner. You made ‘Moana’ gain five wins over the six categories it had nominations for. ‘Moana’ won Best Score, Best Song for “How Far I’ll Go”, a three-way split for Best Animated Film, Best Voice Talent for Auli’i Cravaiho’s performance as Moana Waialiki, and winning the big one – Best Film. This makes ‘Moana’ the second animated film to win Best Film. Surely, ‘Moana’ went far as the film could go as this year’s big winner.
Audience favourite and critical darling ‘La La Land’ gained three wins over its six nominations. While it didn’t win Best Film, you guys did vote it as your Best Director for Damien Chazelle’s impressive direction, while also scoring Emma Stone as the Best Actress and a win for Best Cinematography.
Animation masterpiece ‘Zootopia’ gained two wins out of its five nominations. The moo-ing good picture won Best Screenplay and was one of three winners in a split win for Best Animated Film. Not a bad day in a city of Zootopia.
Other wins included:
- ‘Suicide Squad’ winning Best Costume/Make-up
- ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ winning Best Set Design
- ‘Sing Street’ winning, not for a song, but for Best Editing
- ‘The Jungle Book’ easily taking the win for Best Visual Effects
- Pixar’s short ‘Piper’ that was attached with ‘Finding Dory’ won Best Short Film
- ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’ was one of the winners in a three split tie for Best Animated Film (the other two were highlighted above)
- Rachel McAdams winning Best Supporting Actress for ‘Spotlight’
- Robert Downey Jr. winning Best Actor for the Marvel Studios’ flick ‘Captain America: Civil War’.