Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios seem to be planning ahead as they reveal the release date for the ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ sequel.
Deadline broke the news that the sequel to ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ will swing into theatres on July 5th, 2019. The sequel’s announcement comes off as a little bit of a surprise, considering the first film hasn’t even been release yet. However, planning sequels ahead is a common practice for Sony Pictures as they’ve done this before in the past. Anyone remember when they announced release dates for both the third and fourth films for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’, which were inevitably scrapped for Spider-Man to be in the ‘Marvel Cinematic Universe’? Although, does the sequel get placed at the end of phase 3 or is the start of phase 4 for the MCU?
On the other hand, Sony Pictures has moved up the release date for ‘Bad Boys 4’. Initially scheduled to open in July 2019, the fourth film will now debut in theatres on its new date on May 24th, 2019. In the meantime, you can forward to the third ‘Bad Boys’ film, titled ‘Bad Boys For Life’ when it opens in theatres on January 12th, 2018.
Although, the Sony planned film ‘Barbie’, based upon the popular toyline from Mattel, will be pushed back for its new date on June 29th, 2018. It was originally scheduled for May 2017.
Marvel Studios Release Date Schedule:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – May 5th, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – July 7th, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok – November 3rd, 2017
- Black Panther – February 16th, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – May 4th, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6th, 2018
- Captain Marvel – March 8th, 2019
- Untitled Avengers Sequel – May 3rd, 2019
- UNTITLED SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SEQUEL – July 5th, 2019